Tuesday 19 October 2010

Josh and the case of the mysterious crack

On Friday my phone broke. Again!

This happens far more than I would like, and following that theme I thought I would regale you with tales of my broken phones past and present

Exhibit A: Nokia 70-something 
I got this phone for Christmas or a birthday or something a while back, I was still at school at the time; year 9 I think. I distinctly remember when it broke, I was in a drama lesson and I'd just sat down to listen to the teacher and I heard a 'crack'. My phone was in my back pocket - you do the maths! I took it in for repairs but sadly, it was not possible. I had to go back to my old phone, turns out it wasn't the first time I'd have to either.

Exhibit B: Sony Ericsson 80-something-i
This is the most epic fail of phone breakages ever I think, or at least I hope it will be for me! This phone broke not once, not twice but three times! The first break wasn't even that bad....I sat on it again! Fortunately only the keypad broke, which could be repaired! I sent it off (I say that, my dad did) and it got fixed...except it didn't! I went to turn the volume up and the button caved in! Now I had no volume button, this wouldn't do! So I (read dad) sent it off again to get fixed, which took an age! I finally got it back shortly before a family holiday. When we got to Egypt I thought 'I should take my phone with me to take pictures, I never do that.' I went and put the phone in the pocket of my swimming trunks and went to go and see my parents down at the beach. Dad said we should go snorkelling. I should point out that the red sea in Egypt is the second saltiest sea in the world or something. I went swimming in it..with my phone. That didn't end well for me at all, it was totally fried!

Exhibit C: HTC Desire
Most people reading this will know this one! Seems like my phones have a predisposition to getting drowned! On camp this year we all went to Littlehampton for the day, a nice seaside place with a funfair and a beach and...a boating lake. We all went out on pedalos for a laugh had a great time on the boats, then the time came to go back in for the next lot. As I went to get off the boat something fell out of my pocket... surprise surprise, its my new phone! Was completely wrecked by the time I got it out of the water, but this time it was insured! (Learning from my past mistakes you might say) I sent it off for repairs and it came back all shiny and new looking..but then.....

Exhibit D: HTC Desire...again
This was the break that happened on Friday. There I was, minding my own business on the Internets, when I went to go and pick up my phone from next to me. It had a massive crack in the screen! No-one knows how it got there either, its just a big crack in the screen. It's a total mystery...that's cost me another 50 quid in excess charges! Hopefully I'll learn and start keeping it locked in a tiny box so it cant break again! Unless I drop said box in a lake, which I wouldn't put past myself

'Til next time when I blog about something that might actually be interesting for a change

DFTBA All



2 comments:

  1. Funny you should mention this - I've been doing some work on the RH video the last couple of days, and yesterday I found my footage of Exhibit C. I decided to leave it out though, because it didn't really count as a highlight of the week. As I'm sure you'd agree B]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must add that it actually fell out TWICE in the same boat... the first time it was caught...

    ;)

    ReplyDelete